The Peacock Oxhill
The Peacock Oxhill is a village pub offering a great place to meet and eat for families, friends and businesses. It prides itself on delivering British food sourced from local suppliers and using food in season as far as possible. They are especially proud of the fish. The chef likes to compliment the ‘local food’ approach with other dishes from around the world.
There is a blackboard menu with dishes changing every day – so go along and see what they have to offer or telephone 01295 688060 for more information.
Dishes, which are all served with fresh vegetables, include:
- Vegetarian and pasta dishes
- Steaks – rib eye and fillet
- Fish including cod in beer batter, haddock in cider batter and smoked haddock with chive mash and a poached egg.
- Pork Stroganoff or Medallions of pork and black pudding
- Half a Gressingham duck confit with orange and Grand Marnier sauce.
- First courses including homemade pates and scampi.
- Homes desserts such treacle tart, cheesecakes and creme brulee.
Prices start at £3.00 for a first course, £7.95 for a main course (including vegetables) and £3.50 for a dessert.
To complement the food there is a wide variety of wines, bitters and lagers as well as soft drinks. They cater for all price ranges with wine starting at £10.00 a bottle and most of the wines can be bought by the glass.
Restaurant Detail: The Peacock Oxhill
|Address||Main Street, Oxhill, Warwickshire CV35 0QR|
|Opening times||12-2.30pm Tuesday-Thursday; 5.30-11pm Monday-Thursday; 12pm-late Friday-Saturday; 12-11pm Sunday|
|Price range / Average price||2 Courses £17.50|
|Gastro Card offer||Complimentary bottle of wine for a table of 4. A reservation is essential. You MUST mention your membership when booking and upon arrival.|
|Number of covers?||75|
|Service Charge?||Not included – optional|
|Credit cards accepted||All except Diners Club and American Express|
|Outside eating area?||Yes|
|Dress code?||Smart casual|
|Reservation Required?||Strongly Advised|
|Take away Service?||No|